The Topic of the Day is: Friday, March 14, 2008
w w
*bursts free from the surface of homework*

FREEDOM! *gasp* at last!

A summary of the week:

QM test is over (but it went pretty bad. gaaaaaaaack. I'm kind've numb about it. Just gotta do better on all the homeworks, and that's it :P)
Cosmology test is over (it went WELL. it made me feel like I knew what I was doing! It made me HAPPY! dear gods, do you know how long it's been since a test did that to me? we'll have to see how my grade goes)
Fall count for the season is up to 8 (damn you snowmelt that freezes overnight and is all but invisible :P)
upcoming plans are all fantastic (weeeeeeeeeeee!)
Twin and I are doing great things! (weeeeeeeeeee!)
Went for half an hour walk this morning (yay!)
the weather is improving! JOY!!!!

I begin to feel more distant from people again. Physics Club is full of people who talk and don't do homework, and whom I don't know very well and whom don't seem to want to get to know me at all. I think I might start studying at M. Library since it is peaceful and might actually help me focus. But it's strange for me to be so distant from them. It makes me sad. And SciFi club, too, is like something that happens around me, not to me. I don't know what to think. Do I need to put more effort into it? Or do other people need to put more effort in back?

I miss writing group. I have sucked it up at attending and writing for it for almost 6 months now (the december story was a scant few pages of change to the story from September). I miss writing. I always seem to be putting it off. Of course I do the poetry, one piece at a time, very nice, and I enjoy it. But the story ideas in my head are fragmentary, I never pursue them, and they start to die.

Is it impossible to reach a balance between the side of me that needs physics and the side of me that needs writing? Right now I'm sacrificing one for the other. Is there no life where I can have both? Is it the school effect, the "make me a better scientist" effect, the "learning to actually be good at physics, gradually" effect?

I am feeling more like I am good at physics. Of course maybe it's that I got into some nice summer programs, or some remnants of what AAS did to me. But I feel more confident in my abilities. I want to do more physics: I want to go to the lab a lot more, I want to make progress and have results, and find out how interferometry works with WSTAR.

But I don't want to give up writing. It feels like it's slipping away. When I try it again, it feels desperate and clingy

Oh, for the love of... would you RELAX? That's only because you are out of practice at it. You can't lose it forever. If you practiced... if you actually did the 1 page a day thing (just like if you actually did the 100 situps a day) I think you would notice a lot of difference. Plus, if you did the 1 page a day thing, maybe you'd LEARN how to have time for both writing and science. Maybe you'd learn how to handle the surges of character-memory that make science so hard (popping up inconveniently). You keep running away from this problem. Time to face it

never thought of that before, that I could *learn* balance. I thought that was something I had or did not have. To practice it... to perfect it... I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Must-See Internet

NEW!

Make Your Characters
A Short History of Llamas
The Physicist's Bill of Rights

Activism

Ecology Fund (click to save land for free!)
The Hunger Site
Now What?! Blog

Equality Now
Hollaback NYC
Will Women Always Be Oppressed
The Vagina Monologues script
V-day

Older Fun Stuff

Mystery of Time and Space
Ask A Ninja!
Reenacted by Bunnies
Improv Everywhere!

Make Yourself SouthPark
Daily Kitten
Cute overload
Postsecret
National Novel Writing Month
Evil Overlords and everyone else's list
ENGRISH
RPG Battle
Ultimate LOTR Screenies with Story
Inuyasha translated
Ear Tweak
Manga
The Grand List of Console Role Playing Game Cliches
Quotations Page
Sword and Fighting Demos

Albino Blacksheep Faves

The Ultimate Showdown
Geeks in Love
Poke the Penguin
Nanaca Crash Game (booya!)
Ultra Lego Death Flash
Matrix Ping Pong Flash
3D Ping Pong Game
Curveball Game
Defend Your Castle Game (greatest stress relief EVER)
The Crimson Room Game and its sequel
The Veridian Room Game



My Friends


Jessi
Gretchen
Jackie
Louise
Katie
Tracey
Robin
Calistan
Gordon
Steph
Creighton

I wish
Yarn Harlot
Gorbydrum (all the computer info the newb might need)
Darth Vader
Geoffrey Chaucer
Neil Gaiman



Firefly and Serenity


Can't Stop the Serenity
Serenity in 2000 words or less (spoilers)
Dusk Til Dawn (Joss Whedon-y site)
Firefly Fans
Browncoats.com
Serenity Trailers
Browncoats Rise Again.com
Serenity on the Internet Movie Database
Firefly on the Internet Movie Database
Official Site for Serenity: The Movie
Forums
Firefly Website
Screenies and More
Series Trailers
Big Damn Commentaries
Whedonesque
Serenity the ship in Legos
Wikipedia on Serenity
Wikipedia on Firefly
Wikipedia's Database on Serenity and Firefly
Firefly-based downloadable .wavs for making your computer sound shiny
More Firefly .wavs
And some Serenity .wavs too
email me more sites if you can find 'em ;) tasiha__AThotmailDOTcom



My Other Writing Sites


Fictionpress - Tasiha

LiveJournal - Tasiha

Blogger - Nano 2002

Blogger - Nano 2003

Blogger - Poetry: The Night the River Burned

Blogger - Nano 2005

Blogger - Julymo 2006



Webcomics


A Girl and Her Fed
Girl Genius
Girls with Slingshots
Freefall
Questionable Content
Schlock Mercenary
Sinfest
Sluggy Freelance
Wapsi Square
XKCD
Zombie Hunters



Stories I'm currently working on.

***Tbook1 (Time and Chaos, needs a new name, needs to be edited)

***Book of Sun (Just needs to be edited. Tis a Nano novel)

***Book of Whispers part 1 (Does not jive at all with part 2; needs to be rewritten to fit and to have less suckage)

***Book of Whispers part 2 (Needs some rehaul editing, needs some loose ends tied up, needs to fit)

***Book of Whispers part 3 (Needs to be finished... then needs to die o.o Not sure if I need a third part in the series)

***Dium's Story (Needs a point, progress, anything... needs to be integrated into Tbook1, since that is what it is a part of, mainly)

***Trio Story with Jackie and Louise (Maybe we should get together and work on this, guys)

***Demon Story (This is working out pretty good so far. I like the plot, it's a bit convoluted, and the characters are interesting)

***New Witch Story (It's only 30 pages long, dang)

***Dragon's Voices (This has SO much potential! wee!)